To be a leading innovation centre for Modern Technologies in the region
To develop, foster and facilitate the domestic base of modern technological capabilities through innovation, R & D, training, industrial services and international collaboration”
The functions of the Arthur C Clarke Institute for Modern Technologies as specified in the Act are as follows:
- to accelerate the introduction of modern technologies to Sri Lanka by
- initiating, promoting and conducting research and development in the application of modern technologies
- providing research and development support to the Government and private sector undertakings in the application of modern technologies and
- training of personnel in modern technologies to meet the needs of the Government and private sector undertakings and
- to promote future studies
The areas of modern technologies include Communication and related Sciences, Information Technology, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Space Technologies, Robotics, Photonics and new materials.
Board of Governors
- To be appointed
Founder Patron, Sri Lankabhimanya Sir Arthur C Clarke
Sri Lankabhimanya Sir Arthur C. Clarke, was the first to introduce the concept of extra-terrestrial communication through geo-stationary satellites as far back as 1945. Besides this, there are several other similar visionary and futuristic ideas as well as his works as a prolific author of science fiction has immensely contributed to his global fame.